Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
Newman Catholic Schools is committed to delivering a guaranteed and viable curriculum, partnering with parents to ensure every child is able to demonstrate proficiency in each of the learning outcomes. This process begins with our 6-week-old infants at our early childhood centers and continues through our elementary, middle, and high schools, preparing our graduates to meet the challenges of the future.
The revised curriculum and online format will feature several important advantages:
- Parent access
- So they may support teachers’ efforts in the classroom.
- Teacher access across campuses and grade levels
- So they may continue to collaborate to see that children are successful and sufficiently prepared for their future.
- A shift from “covering” material, to ensuring achievement of specific skills and concepts
- So that teachers may employ their textbooks as one of many resources, relying on their expertise to select a variety of quality resources and ability to develop rich learning activities and assessments.
- Increased rigor of higher-level thinking
- So that students go beyond memorization and comprehension (although those skills are necessary when new material is introduced) to analysis, evaluation, and synthesis, so they may become true critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
Note: All documents pertaining to academics and curriculum are continuously under review and may require periodic changes. These are working documents designed to change with the students’ curriculum needs.