As new parishes started in our community, Catholic schools continued to grow. Schools were managed and funded by the parishes they were affiliated with.
Bishop John P. Treacy established Newman High School on February 6, 1951. A decision made in response to the need for a Catholic secondary school.
September - October
Local parishes held a fund drive, lead by Fr. Lloyd Geissler, aimed at raising the necessary capital to build a standalone high school.
The first graduating class walked the stage. Commencement was held at St. Therese School Auditorium since the high school was not complete.