Newman Catholic Schools (NCS) is governed under the authority of the Catholic Church. Direction begins with the diocesan bishop to local pastoral authority (the Dean and/or Dean’s Delegate to NCS). The Dean, with the NCS President, work closely with building administrators.
NCS Education Commission
The Education Commission oversees the ministry of Catholic school education. The NCS Education Commission meets regularly and functions as a policy forming and consultative body.
NCS Comission members include:
- NCS supporting parish pastors
- A lay Chairperson
- Standing committee chairs
- Parish representatives
- NCS president
- NCS School and System Administrators
- Diocesan Superintendent of Catholic Schools
Education Commission and Stakeholder Meeting Information
2018-2019 Education Commission Meeting Schedule
Commission Meetings are scheduled in:
September - November- January - March - May
- Meetings begin at 6:00pm.
- Non-commission members interested in attending the meeting as an observer should phone ahead (715) 845-5735.
- Some meetings are held in closed session and are not open to the public.
- Guests will need to register at the start of the meeting and express their interest in attending. They may or may not be called upon to speak.
- Meetings may be changed to closed sessions at any time during the course of a regular meeting.
2018-2019 Stakeholders Meeting
Stakeholder meetings (a Wisconsin Parental Choice Program requirement) are planned for the spring of 2019.
All meetings will be held in the gathering space at St. Michael Parish - 615 Stark Street, Wausau, WI 54403