2023 Date: April 15th
What is Cabin Fever?
The short answer……. A lot of fun!!!
A bit more detailed answer……
Cabin Fever is one of the largest annual fundraisers for the NCS Athletic Booster Club. It has been an integral part of the Booster Club’s success since 2007 and 100% of the profits from the event support NCS athletic programs. These proceeds will fund athletics with uniforms, equipment, HUDL capabilities, and so much more. Over the years, the Booster Club has also made significant purchases for the athletes of NCS including new soccer goals, volleyball nets, an automatic rebounding machine, and a high jump pit, just to name a few.
Event Date: Saturday, April 9, 2022, from 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Event Location: Newman High School Gymnasium
Cost: $30 per attendee
So what all happens at Cabin Fever?
- Live music all night long by various bands on the NCS stage.
- Heavy hors d’oeuvres ranging from veggie and fruit trays to chicken wings and egg rolls. And don’t forget excellent desserts! At least that is what we have seen in the past. New items are constantly made available.
- Endless beverages for the beer and wine lover. There are typically 3 or so wine tasting stations along with many samples of beer from local distributors. Not feeling like an alcoholic beverage? We have you covered with coolers full of bottled water and various sodas to quench even the strongest thirsts.
- Silent auctions wrap the gymnasium and give all attendees the opportunity to come home with something to remember the event by. Many items are available and over the past years items have included sports experiences for your child, professional sports tickets, NCS Cardinal merch, electronics, food and beverage items, family game night or movie packages and so much more!
- Raffles will also be available and attendees will have multiple opportunities to win some great prizes. We have given away various gifts over the years including cash, jewelry, and rifles or shotguns. Don’t forget the Booster Club donated beverage wagon! This is a wagon full of every kind of adult beverage you can think of and it is completely sponsored by members of the Booster Club. You just have to beat out Ken Teeters as he typically takes home this coveted prize. Lucky guy.
- Various games will also be setup around the gym. Remember to stretch before you start tossing around bean bags and don’t forget to bring a stack of singles for the corner card table.
- When you are ready for a break, we also have tables and chairs set up for everyone to relax, have a snack, and listen to some of that great live music.
- The event also has an MC guiding you through the evening, announcing raffle winners, and thanking our sponsors.
All of the raffles, silent auction items, and much of the food and beverages are there due to the generosity of the community. We seek as many donations as possible in order to maximize our profits for the kids of NCS. There will be donor opportunities communicated leading up to the event. If you have already made the decision to sponsor or donate to the event, THANK YOU! We are truly blessed by your generosity. If you are interested in making a donation or sponsoring, you can reach out to anyone on the Booster Club Board of Directors or event chairs..
I truly hope to see all of you there. It is a magical night that you will remember.
Board of Directors
- President – Ross Bodenheimer email@example.com
- Vice President – Jeff Kroening firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer – Krista Zubke email@example.com
- Secretary – Jerry Bates firstname.lastname@example.org
Cabin Fever Event Chairs
- Chair – Mike Nowinsky
- Sponsorship Chair(s) – Michelle Roiger and Bob Groene email@example.com